Monday, October 6, 2008

Philadekphia - The many colors of South street

Philadelphia - 13,September,2006

Just some examples of mosaics and other creations on South street ...



Wall to wall...
This wall says " Art is the center of the real world " .


Mosaics cover these buildings.



Dreamer mosaic; I really like it...







All the visitors look at this house ( inclusing myself, in the corner). You can even go on a tour inside;we just opted for an outside look...



All sorts of objects set in morter; lots of bottles,broken mirrors or ceramic...




The artist says :



More of this & that...

6 comments:

Dragonstar said...

Incredible! I've never seen anything like that before.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Im pretty sure iv been to south st a few times when we were living in phila but iv never seen the mosaic walls.

Joyce Hopewell said...

Amazing photos Barbara - real art in the environment and to my eye, far preferable to what is offered in the annual Turner Prize competition!

Great to see your photos, and you and Didier having a good time on your special trip.

Joyce x

Ron said...

HOLY COW BARB!

Society Hill, where you shot all those wonderful homes, is my all-time favorite section of Philly!

Beautiful photography!

And the MOSAICS....WOW!!!

I've seen several of these off South Street, but some I have not.

Isn't it an amazing art???

Thanks for sharing these!!!!

Barbara said...

Hi everyone,
Nice to see you Dragonstar,Farina,Joyce and yes Ron.
I was pretty sure that the artist's house would be exciting for some of you.
I didn't know Farina, that you lived in Phila.

I tell you; even if you live years in a big city, there are still many things you are discovering. Same for myself & Paris !

Cheers to everyone ;)

Salt N Turmeric said...

Barbara, yes, i lived in PA (in the suburb) for 2 yrs before we moved to CA. Michael is a Philly boy and grew up in the city. ;)